Tuesday 28 February 2012

Lucy's Double Page Spread


I am quite happy with my final double page spread. I really like the picture that i have used as i think that it highlights the closeness of the 'band' something which is reflected in the article. I edited this photo using photo shop, altering the brightness and contrast as the original photo was very dark, due to the lighting used during the photo shoot. I also like the colours used in the photograph. I like the tag line 'Say what?' as this links into the bands name 'he said she said.' I think that they way that this is in black and red helps it to stand out from the rest of the page. Although there is a lot of text in the main article i felt that this was necessary as i needed to fill the white space. There is white space in the middle as i had to be careful not to go down the middle fold line, however i filled this space with quotes from the text which the readers will be able to read at a quick glance. If i was to improve this i would make the picture larger as i think that this would mean there is less white space. I would also look at perhaps using varying fonts in the tag lines and main title as i think that this would look more interesting and add more depth to the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment